I assembled my tent with the repaired poles. It went together very nicely. I took a little more time, and did each step deliberately.
The two repaired poles worked fine. The one that folds a bit funny due to mixed lengths to the sections still flexed just fine. It is doing its job right now, and doing it well.
Though this was not particularly challenging I really enjoyed learning to rebuild the poles and put them to work. It was satisfying. It is kind of like learning the art of barbecue. I have been experiencing satisfaction there, as well.
One thing I did in assembling the tent that seemed to help was to keep everything slack until I had it all up. Last week I think I had things too tight, which caused me to have to apply too much energy in flexing the poles that broke. I only tightened the various straps that hold the tent in the truck bed enough to keep things in place as I inserted the poles. I think that this allowed the whole tent to flex as I worked and prevented thing from being so tight that I had to hyperextend the poles to get them in place.
Relax. Take time to do it right.
Cruise to nowhere, and a salty cocktail hour
12 hours ago